Each year, the Western Mass RLC offers small grants to individuals who have an idea for their own small business or independent project. Successful grantees are people who:
- Live in Western Massachusetts
- Have been personally impacted by psychiatric diagnosis, extreme states, trauma and other challenges that have gotten in the way of their ability to explore and achieve their dreams
- Have a clear vision for your business or independent project
- Are self-driven and motivated to reach project goals
- Are not an employee of the Western Mass Recovery Learning Community or the Western Mass Training Consortium, and are not an immediate relative of an employee
Past grants funded have included support for a pet sitting and training business, a grant to support an art studio, funds for a personal memoir, to produce music, and more.
The application can be found here:
Technical Assistance Workshops: Applicants also have opportunities for technical assistance workshops intended for individuals who want some extra support to work through or have questions about applying for this grant. Attendance at a Technical Assistance Workshop is NOT required in order to apply for a grant. However, it may be helpful if you’re feeling stuck or have specific questions. Each workshop will be about an hour long and is attended to address questions about applications and the project overall. Click here for specific workshop dates and times, and more info!