Afiya welcomes volunteers and sees them as an integral part of our community. As Afiya is so new, it's not fully clear how we'll come to bring volunteers in, offer support and training and coordinate their efforts down the road, but we imagine that some volunteer roles may include:
- Working in the garden
- Helping with transportation
- Helping with language barriers (are you fluent in Spanish, American Sign Language, Russian, etc?)
- Providing additional peer support in the house and on the phone to people interested in coming to stay at Afiya
Ultimately, we see volunteer opportunities as limited primarily by our creativity, so let us know if you have ideas as we move forward.
In the meantime, we thank you for your patience as we get on our feet and get things rolling!
- Afiya Home
- About Afiya
- How to access Afiya
- Frequently asked questions about Afiya
- Donations for Afiya
- Other Peer Respites in the United States